Thursday, November 1, 2007

Hammering away

I'm writing in the stairwell of a condo in Ortigas, where AA and I have decided to hole up for the vacation to write out Baby Angelo. It's 1:10 AM and AA and our host, Tweet, are asleep; I of course am still up and can't sleep, maybe I'm namamahay, but I'm pretty sure it's because once again thoughts are flying through my head. I'm also bent on finishing this bottle of wine by myself.

Last week T and I flew to Hong Kong for a much deserved vacation. It's my second time, the first way back in '91, and I couldn't remember any of the trip except that on the street, a Chinese businessman collided into me and didn't so much as mutter an apology. This time though being much older, and taller, the HK Chinese were actually very congenial. Sure they sound rude at times, but I think it's mostly because of the way they speak (loud and curt). We stayed at the touristy Tsim Sha Tsui (of course) and did a lot of walking and shopping and eating. Also checked out HK Disneyland, T's first time (and lifelong dream). It's a lot smaller than the other Disneyland I've been too, California, and a lot hotter. You can do the entire park in four hours. It was fun overall, though it was difficult suspending disbelief when you see the very white Disney Princesses speaking in Cantonese, and the Pinoy noses peeking from under the ornate costumes.

Writing Baby Angelo is a slow process, and til now we're still laying the groundwork. Cinemalaya should really consider lengthening the screenplay writing process, how is it possible to write a 60 page screenplay in just one month? I know poets who can only write one poem in an entire year.

Tweet's condo has a huge view of Ortigas Center, great to look at at night but all that light does force you to wake up early.

Tomorrow, applying for a French visa for our trip to Nantes. Woo hoo.

No comments: