Friday, November 23, 2007

Day 4 - Walking in Nantes

I'm walking in Nantes, but do I really feel the way I feel.

Some photos.


Streets are much narrower and are quite old. Obviously built hundreds of years ago and made only for people and horse carriages. As a result the city layout is confusing. Not a grid. But still, very pretty.



More street cafe action.

A part of the city was built in medieval times, and it's amazing how it's preserved, as above.


And here. French people are a bit funny. They stare, and when you smile at them, they seem a bit baffled and don't know what to do. But they're not rude at all as their reputation says. They're very friendly once you get them going.




Me and a castle. Yes, a medieval castle. Chateau des Ducs de Bretagne. Inside is a museum depicting the history of Nantes. I didn't understand most of it as it was in French. But still, I've never been inside a castle before.


The light shining through a castle window.



More of the castle.



Cathedrale St. Pierre-St. Paul. Unfortunately, it was closed when I got there. Done in the same style as the Notre Dame


I forget what this one is but it's beautiful.



The cathedral.


My favorite place so far. Jardins des Plantes. Like a small Central Park, but just as beautiful. I spent a long time sitting here and just watching, listening.




C'est moi in the Jardin.



I sat here scribbling madly in my notebook, a lot of thanks, a lot of thoughts about my project Akyat-Baba, Paikot-ikot, about film in general.



Some Cole Haan ducks were swimming around. This class duck is for Gigi.



Cemeterie La Boutellierie. Some of the headstones are more than a hundred years old.




I forgot what this one is called too. Place ("plahs") something. Places are like little squares except it's a rotonda, where many of the confusing small streets converge. Invariably there's a monument like this one, or a historic building of some kind.



The main street, Cours de Cinquante Otage. the widest in the city I've seen. Lots of trams, it's tree-lined, and again the gorgeous buildings.

Passage Pommeraye. It's a mall, but it's two hundred years old.

That's it for now. Tomorrow: Produire Au Sud begins.

1 comment:

COMPULSIVE EATER said...

hi leoy, pure walang kinalaman to sa france or sa pagkainggit ko.

im soh mad at jed talaga. i cant believe he fired leo.

so mad at him.